Any phone numbers purchased via Voicegain need to be attached to RTC Applications which in turn are associated with with webhook URLs on the Application logic side (customer is responsible for providing the Application logic.)
You can see your currently defined RTC Applications under the RTC Apps menu (left side). Note that each Voicegain Context can have its own set of RTC Apps. The reason RTC Apps belong to a context is because apps from the same context share the same Speech Recognition and Security settings. This way you can separate your dev, test, and prod Aps for example.
New applications can be added using the New App button. You will see the following dialog:
Here are the values that need to be entered:
- Name -only used to distinguish the Apps in the list
- JWT (ignored for now) - if provided will be passed to the webhook
- Voice - default TTS voice to be used in the Application for playing prompts
- Main DNIS - the main phone number on which the application will respond. (In the future, when we support outbound calling - this will be the Caller Id)
- Secondary DNIS - additional phone number on which the application will respond. This could be a toll-free number for example.
- Logic - currently only Inbound speech logic is supported (In the future we will support also outbound logic and web interactions (as opposed to speech)).
- Callback URL - the url that will be invoked (note that it needs to respond to POST, PUT, and DELETE requests)
- User app data - string that will be passed to the webhook in the initial POST request. You can use it to e.g. distinguish different apps hosted on the same webhook URL.