Voicegain platform is priced and billed per actually used resources - which is mainly time, either Speech-to-Text or Realtime Session Increment.
For Edge Deployments, in order for the tracking to work correctly, the Customer Edge Deployment needs to be able to reach Voicegain Cloud services to report usage statistics. The connectivity between Edge and Voicegain Cloud does not have to be permanent, however, if the connectivity interruptions do occur the following actions will be taken.
- After 24 hours of not being able to reach the Billing Cloud services:
- the Local Voicegain Web Console will show alerts in the status dashboard
- the Cloud Voicegain Web Console will flag the offending Cluster with a Warning status
- email will be sent from the Voicegain to the registered admin email address with a warning.
- After 72 hours, all ASR and IVR API request on the offending cluster will fail with the error message indicating as reason not being able to communicate with usage tracking services